Sunday, February 11, 2007

Abandoned

You said you were my friend
I thought you'd never leave
It seems as though your gone now
Though my mind still can't believe

I thought I'd have your friendship
Until the day I die
When I think about your absence
Tears come to my eyes

If only I could see you
And talk with you once more
Maybe we could find a way
To be just like before

Sometimes I sit and ask myself
How this ever came to be
But I just can't answer the question
Of why you abandoned m...

Oh wait, Never mind. I forgot.

I abandoned you.

2 comments:

Jaya said...

Why do we realize things when all's said and done? Are all situations in life this irreparable? I am just trying to understand and correlate what you have written in this poem. It's well written.

esirah said...

Hey jaya, yeah pretty much that's about what I'm saying: sometimes our perceptions of others' actions only reflect the reality of our own actions. That's it in a nutshell. Thanks for your comments as always :-)