Sunday, March 25, 2007

Into Focus

Things have been a little busy lately. I've been working, working, and working more. Between two jobs and innumerable attempts at "business", I've got my hands full on the professional side of things. Then there's home. My two-year-old needs time with his daddy. The new baby needs time with her daddy too. My wife deserves time with her husband.

I've found it difficult to juggle all this, but not impossible. I think the key for me personally has been to not let myself get too scattered. The more focused I am, the less overwhelming everything is. Seeing the "big picture" isn't so much having "grand vision" as it is being able to see each piece of the puzzle in focus--one piece at a time.

Sometimes we get caught up in the "whole", while the only thing necessary is to focus on the "part" that is before us currently. Right now, this moment, this screen, this word... bringing one thing into focus, in the end, is often far more beneficial than seeing the whole picture in a blur.

Nature, Removed

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

These are the exact same sentiments Luke and I have felt this week. That's exactly it. We've felt scattered lately, too. Living present and aware in each moment is a beautiful thing. I just read this quote and it struck a chord with me,

"I see the moon more clearly since my house burnt down."

Have a great week....

Jaya said...

Esirah,
I liked the focus on each bit of the jigsaw. The piture you posted beautifully describes it.
Ruthie,
This quote you mention is indeed very meaningful.

ubuntu said...

loved ur post, and isn't life about all this, striking the perfect balance in life... and its these ups and downs that make life enjoyable

ubuntu said...

btw thanks for adding me to ur reading room

ubuntu said...

hi esirah read my new post over life, hope u like it, share it with ruthie too