Saturday, September 8, 2007

No Regrets

I love the place that I am in life.
I do not regret it at all.
I don’t regret kids—or my wife,
I am absolutely thrilled with my situation.
I am blessed to be here.

And I don't regret running away once--it was an experience I'll never forget
I don't regret the bad decisions I made growing up
I don't regret hurting all the people I hurt
I don't regret any of the relationships that I've had, or lost
I don't regret loving the people I've loved
I don't regret hating the people I've hated
I don't regret falling in love over and over--only to hurt and to be hurt
I don't regret the sand
I don't regret the many late nights
I don't regret the lies I've told
I don't regret the money I've lost--whether for good causes or for bad
I don't regret Tyler Texas
I don't regret anywhere else
I don't even regret Kansas
I don't regret the bus ride
I don't regret Pizza Hut
I don't regret angering people
I don't regret going out on my own
I don't regret my beliefs (and/or lack thereof)
I don't regret the rain
I don't regret the weed
I don't regret that trip to the state fair
I don't regret the relentless pursuit
I don't regret the phone call
I don't regret the music, the art, or the writing
I don't regret the times people think I'm nuts
I don't regret business, marketing, or money
I don't regret any job I've ever had
I don't regret Junior High
I don't regret High School
I don't regret anything between or after
I don't regret making out in the park
I don't regret lying about what I was doing
I don't regret church
I don't regret not going to church
I don't regret having a mentor
I don't regret losing the same
I don't regret Live Oak
I don't regret Anaheim Hills
I don't regret the Queen Mary--or anything for the 2 weeks before
I don't regret Beach Blvd
I don't regret "the contract"
I don't regret everything but
I don't regret staying the night
I don't regret Billy Joel
I don't regret the walks on cold nights
I don't regret YRH
I don't regret September 11th (It's my birthday, nimwit)
I don't regret October 16th of 93
I don't regret November 16th of 94
I don't regret leaving you
I don't regret you leaving me
I don't regret being sensitive
I don't regret thinking "too much"
I don't regret losing touch
I don't regret finding each-other again
I don't regret telling the truth
I don't regret the things you know about me
I don't regret the things you don't know
I don't regret being lied to
I don't regret being misled
I don't regret yesterday, or today

It may be hard to understand
but I just don't regret where I am
And I don't regret any of the things
that led me to this place,
Which means everything above and more...

However I got here--whether through good or evil,
happiness or sadness,
anger, joy, love, or hate--I am glad I am here,
and I would never want to be
anywhere else.

Everything has made me who I am
And I can't regret it, not at all
Call me selfish, hate me even (you won't be the first)
But I am happy to be here and have
no regrets as to how I reached this place
No matter how bumpy the road

If I've loved you--good
I've you've loved me--great
I've we hate each other--perfect
If you never knew me--you did your part

Somehow, I regret nothing.

And I don't regret writing it down.

~wbv

No comments: