Sunday, November 11, 2007

Time To Live Again

The time has come
I've been waiting too long
Years have passed
And time disappeared

Waiting more is worthless
Tomorrow isn't enough
I'm tired of running
Tired of hiding

From life.

No longer will I run
Or be robbed of the present
I will speak today, save today,
Love today, and be today

I refuse to stay in your prison
I will not be held by your shackles
It is time to be free
Time to walk away

From you.

You will not keep me
Will not trap me
And will not hurt me
With your scornful eyes

You words mean nothing
Air pollution at best
Your confusion and control
Must come to an end

Today.

No more waiting
No more running
No more hiding
No more hurting

The time has come
Time for life to go on
Time for you to go to hell.
The time has come to

Live again.

~wbv

1 comment:

Jaya said...

It's been long I have not been writing! Glad to read your poem :)